This is Me

This is Me
"Hi!" I'm Shari. Nice to meet you :)

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!!

To all the hard working, self-sacraficing mothers out there, this day is for you!! Take it easy, take it all in, and give yourself credit for your awesome family! I certainly am :)

Although I had to work today (a 12 hour shift and 3 hours of driving), my husband met me and the four of us went out to lunch and then to the park to hang out.  It was sooooooo nice.  I am so very proud of my happy little family! The boys even got to see the helicopter take off from the roof of the hospital where I work. It was more than likely the highlight of their day.

The only cloud hanging over my head is the recent loss of my own mother.  Although I cry over the loss of her often, I found today especially hard. I am so very thankful for the time God gave us in the last months of her life, and the great talks and laughs we had, but I miss her so very much. I hope that Jesus is with her showing her they way and holding her close so she is not afraid and alone.  And I will comfort myself by holding on tight to the great memories.

Happy Mothers Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment